How to create complex Jira Search Query with given order of issues?

alexxkey December 18, 2019

Hello guys,

I need to create complex Search query that should display issues with the following order, for example:

1. Only High and Highest priority bugs from project X

2. Then all issues from project Y with label "AA" and priority in (High, Highest)

3. Then all issues from project Z with label "AA" and priority in (High, Highest)

So I need to see in the search results the list of issues that order by rules described above.
Is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Hello Alex,

See if this query does what you need. Let me know if it does or doesn't. Glad to help 

(priority in (High,Highest) and project = X) or (project = Y and labels = 'AA' and priority in (High,Highest)) or (project = Z and labels = 'AA' and priority in (High,Highest))
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

If the search results don't display as expected, I would also recommend creating a board and having each search be its own swimlane. This will display each of the queries you search for and may be easier to look at.

swimlanes.png

Like alexxkey likes this
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2019

Did this answer your question? Please mark as answered if it did. 

Hi Edwin!

I can't sent long text (I don't know why), so I'm trying to attach the screenshotScreenshot_3.png

So it would be good to have some kind of "THEN" operator (not only AND, OR) to create the strict order of issues for displaying in the search results, but there is no such an operator in JQL

Suggest an answer