How to create button in system.top.navigation.bar location?

RameshLakshman August 15, 2019

I want create button system.top.navigation.bar location.When i click that button view popup using VM template.

3 answers

1 vote
Muhammad Ramzan(Atlassian Certified Master)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2019

Do you have scriptrunner plugin, if yes you can create

Built in scripts > script fragments

Create script fragment

select 'Custom web item'

in filed 'What section should this go in' select 'What section should this go in'

enter any unique key

provide the title for the button in 'Menu text'

in 'Do what' select the option 'navigate to link'

in 'link' field enter the link you want and save it

RameshLakshman August 16, 2019

I don't want create using separate plugin.

0 votes
Yoann BETZI August 16, 2019

I would like to add a button which looks like the Create button in the top navigation bar. I do have Script Runner plugin but if I follow your creation step, it creates only a link, not a button. How do you actually add a Create-like button in the top navigation bar, using Script Runner ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2019

There's no way to add buttons, only web-fragments (links)

Luc O. January 8, 2020

I was trying to do the same and found this post.  Adaptavist should change the description because it says: "Creates a web item (a button or link) at the location you specify".  It is misleading.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2020

I think so too.  I think what they meant by "button" was "menu item", as they're slightly button-y.

I'll ask the docs team to see if they can improve it.

Like Luc O. likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2019

You have no choice - you can only amend the menu with a "separate plugin"

See https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/web-fragments-4227124/ for doing it in your own plugins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events