How to create an automatic backup in JIRA Cloud every 24hrs?

Hi guys,

I am running a JIRA Cloud instance and I would like to automatically create a backup everyday.

Right now I have to login into JIRA and create it manually via Administration->System->Backup Manager->Create Backup for Cloud

In this link it says that "Point in time backups for your instance are taken every 24 hours for purposes of recovery from application failure."

Does that mean it should automatically create a daily backup every 24 hours? Because right now it doesn't do that.

How can I create an automatic backup without running any scripts or else. Is there a Marketplace addon for this?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

An automatique backup is already made every 24h by Atlassian for recovery purpose.
In the JIRA Atlassian there is an open request for this feature :
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6498
This documentation may help you : 
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automate-backups-for-jira-cloud-applications-779160659.html 

The backups that you, as an end-user, can get to are different.

They are created when you ask for them, with a maximum frequency of one every two days.  You just need to click backup and download, and Quentin's link shows you how to automate it.

But the answer to the question you've asked is "you can't".  The best you can do is the scripted regular download, once every other day.

Hey @Quentin Bellégo [Valiantys], if I need the backup of Atlassian, how would I roll back to their backup?

Should I just contact their support and ask them to roll back to yesterday's backup or how is this handled?

Do you know at which time (morning/night) they create the backup?

Best Regards

No, the Atlassian backups are there for them to do recovery, and are taken at slightly variable times (because they're backing up thousands of Cloud systems).  They're not intended for end users to use.

You can ask, and they might do it, but don't expect them to do it regularly.  If you need backups, use the ones provided by the backup manager.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi 

For everyone who want to automate Jira Cloud backups i can suggest this python script. 

Script and howto use

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

269 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you