How to create a weekly report on the number of defects that have been resolved during week?

Julianna Barta July 22, 2021

I would need a report displaying in a weekly breakdown, that how many defects changed their status to fixed/implemented/closed status during a certain week (meaning that their status was not fixed/implemented/closed in week x, but turned into one of these statuses in week x+1.

Do you have any solution for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

if you want to see what issues were resolved "last week"...

project = xxx and resolutiondate > startOfWeek(-1w) and resolutiondate < startOfWeek()

This assumes that you are setting the resolution field when you move in issue to any status in the done status category

I'm not exactly sure how to translate week X and week X +1

Julianna Barta July 23, 2021

Hi Jack! 

I've found Created vs Resolved gadget which is quite what I was looking for. However, the number of resolved issues is based on ResolutionDate of the tickets. According to our workflow, an issue's ResolutionDate is set as the date on which its status changes from Approved to Fixed. But quite often the tickets are reopened as it turns out the expected solution did not solve the problem-->well in this case the ResolutionDate does not change with reopening - still looks like the issue was resolved when it first entered the Fixed status. 

Do you know what could I do to eliminate this problem?

Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

Resolved is triggered by resolution date being set

Suggest an answer