How to create a validator or condition based on an Active Directory field?

Nancy Bonanno January 8, 2021

I need to add a validator (or condition?) to a workflow so that only the people with M, R or E in the Active Directory field "employee.type" can submit the ticket.  Normally I would try to get the Active Directory gurus to create an AD group containing those people, which would automatically sync with Crowd and I would use the Crowd group in my validator.  But I haven't been given much time to get this done and the AD people can be slow.  Can I skip to the chase and create a validator (or condition...I'm never sure which I should use) that looks directly at a reporter's employee.type in active directory?  Thanks for any advice.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Nancy Bonanno 

I admit that I am not a scripting guy but I imagine you can achieve this with a Validator script.

Another idea is to place these people into a separate Project Role. Then script have a script in the Validator tab that needs to return TRUE (i.e. only people in that Role can see the transition button). 

Just an idea :)

HTH,
KGM

Suggest an answer