How to create a subscription to a Report or Filter?

My JIRA Admin provided me a filter (JQL Query) for all the stories/bugs related to my project.  End of each business day I run this JQL query and export the data and identify if there are new issues or any stories/bug were removed from my object.  I would like to automate this project.

I would like an email notification at the end of the day indicating all the new stories/bugs that were assigned to my project (i.e if the JQL fetches any new records, I should get an email at the end of the day) 

Is this done through subscription?  Or is there any other way to automate this email notification?  In the JIRA Screen, Under Tools-> I do see only 'Clear Sorts'.  Do I need special permissions to create subscriptions to filter?

Thank you

2 answers

That depends on the way how your admin provided you with the JQL query. If he shared a saved filter with you he is the owner of this filter and needs to set up a email subscription on your behalf.

If he shared the JQL query only per email you can save that as a personal filter and define a subscription to that filter according to your needs: Receiving Search Results via Email

Hope that answers your question!

Yes, you can.

Please use the below query to get the details at the EoD.

1) Create a Query:

project = XXX AND issuetype in (Story,Bug) AND created >= -24h

2). Save this filter Query.

3). Go to Details and click on New Subscription

4). Now select the Schedule Daily and set the Interval as per your needs.

Enjoy :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

25 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you