How to create a subscription to a Report or Filter?

Raju Kris June 16, 2015

My JIRA Admin provided me a filter (JQL Query) for all the stories/bugs related to my project.  End of each business day I run this JQL query and export the data and identify if there are new issues or any stories/bug were removed from my object.  I would like to automate this project.

I would like an email notification at the end of the day indicating all the new stories/bugs that were assigned to my project (i.e if the JQL fetches any new records, I should get an email at the end of the day) 

Is this done through subscription?  Or is there any other way to automate this email notification?  In the JIRA Screen, Under Tools-> I do see only 'Clear Sorts'.  Do I need special permissions to create subscriptions to filter?

Thank you

4 answers

13 votes
srikanth u
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2018

Yes, you can.

Please use the below query to get the details at the EoD.

1) Create a Query:

project = XXX AND issuetype in (Story,Bug) AND created >= -24h

2). Save this filter Query.

3). Go to Details and click on New Subscription

4). Now select the Schedule Daily and set the Interval as per your needs.

Enjoy :)

Chandan Gupta November 22, 2018

is there any way this subscribed report send JIRA Results in Excel as attachment.

Like # people like this
Probeer July 9, 2019

Have you got the answer for same? I am also looking for the same.

Like # people like this
Chandan Gupta July 10, 2019

Not Exactly

Jim Kellams September 19, 2019

I need to have the subscription go to multiple users. How do I do this?

Like Vikramjit Singh likes this
Oleg Romanov December 9, 2019

Create a Jira user group and add those users you want to send emails to.

In the New Subscription setup, choose that Jira user group instead of 'Personal Subscription' 

Vikramjit Singh May 1, 2021

@Oleg Romanov  Sorry, I'm not able to see the option of Jira user group instead of 'Personal Subscription'. Is it possible to share the snapshot or link here. FYI.,. I'm using the cloud version of the JIRA and admin right as well. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hi @Raju Kris  - Did you ever get this solved?

0 votes
Jim Kellams September 19, 2019

I got this, but need to have the subscription go to multiple users. How do I do this?

Jaron Stevenson November 18, 2019

I believe you would need to have the subscription send to a group with the people you want it to go to. If you aren't an administrator, you will need to work with one to set that up.

-Jaron

Probeer November 18, 2019

Hi Jaron 

Do you have solution for my question? How can I send the attached xlsx or CSV of subscription?

Jaron Stevenson November 18, 2019

I'm not sure I understand your question. You're looking to send a file representation of a filter on some kind of schedule?

I don't think this functionality is available out of the box, the subscription functionality just sends a formatted list via email, but you can export the results of a JQL query to a CSV file manually and send that.

Or, if you have API access, you could use /search (https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/latest/#api/2/search) to retrieve all the issues for a particular JQL query, format the data however you like, and send it out.

0 votes
Norbert Janssens June 16, 2015

That depends on the way how your admin provided you with the JQL query. If he shared a saved filter with you he is the owner of this filter and needs to set up a email subscription on your behalf.

If he shared the JQL query only per email you can save that as a personal filter and define a subscription to that filter according to your needs: Receiving Search Results via Email

Hope that answers your question!

Roberta April 4, 2019

How does the owner of the JQL query can setup an email subscription on behalf of somebody else? It seems that the subscription can only be assigned to groups not individuals, is this correct?

Thank you,

Roberta

Sandeep Nair May 2, 2019

For sending the subscription to someone else, you've to create user groups in Jira first(Need admin rights). 
Then select the group under the recipient's list for the subscription. 

Like Julie Sagar likes this
Vikramjit Singh May 2, 2021

@Sandeep Nair  I have created the group to whom I want to send this email on daily basis.But, I'm not able to see the options of adding the recipient's group in this list for the subscription. Kindly share the link or snapshot. 

srikanth u
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2021

@Vikramjit Singh Currently Jira not supporting filter subscription on the group level.

The way I do is get the notifications to my email box (Outlook/Gmail) and autoforward the same based on the Rule set in Outlook/Gmail.

I hope this will resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Srikanth.

Suggest an answer