It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to create a new organization admin when the only organization admin has left the company?

Last week the person who introduced Atlassian to the company and set up Jira and Confluence quite suddenly left the company. Before she did, the disabled her account without granting someone else organization admin access. 

How can we fix this situation and make sure I am not only site admin but can also become organization admin?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Karolien,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Currently, only an org admin can add or remove another org admin, otherwise, only us from Atlassian support can access and make this change after confirming some information.

For that, it’s necessary a ticket which I saw that you already created one with our Customer advocates.

I’ll add a note for them to transfer the ticket to support.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica Luz, I have the same issue with my company's Trello admin. How do I open a ticket for ATLASSIAN to correct this ? 

Regards,

Anand 

Hi Anand,

Welcome to Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, can you please let us know if this admin is an administrator of an organization in Atlassian access or some team/board?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

887 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you