How to create a model of projet that can be replicable

Thomas Retif December 20, 2019

Hello,

I would like to create a model of project with a a list of tasks assigned to the teams and deadlines. The idea is to leverage this model every time I need to create a new similar projet and avoid to enter all the tasks again

Thanks !

Tom

4 answers

0 votes
Thomas Retif January 2, 2020

I still have one question that might be useful for others as well...

I decided to have my "blank template" on an Classic Agile model, and to use Deep Clone to clone my different sprints in another project "Master Project Management" that will contain the same list of sprints & tasks. I establish some "epics" as my different "sub-projects" within my "Master Project Management", and every task are now linked to my epics.

However, I would like to know if I can define different sprints date for each epic? That way I can see all my epics but with my different sprints (each one for each epic).

Thanks!!

Tom

0 votes
Thomas Retif January 2, 2020

Great, thanks a lot both of you for your inputs!

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 30, 2019

Hi @Thomas Retif,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for an easier way to bulk clone a set of issues you can try out our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira. It's also possible to move them to another project while cloning.

If you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hi @Thomas Retif ,

The easiest way to do this without using an add-on application is to first create a "project template" with all of the fields, issue types, permissions, screens, workflows, etc. that will be common to the model. 

Next, create the standard set of issues needed in your project template. When all the issues are created create a filter that pulls in all the issues for that project (the JQL would be Project= "ProjectKey"  where the ProjectKey is the key value for your template project) and export them to a .csv file. 

When creating a new project use the template project as a starting point, then import all the issues from the .csv file. 

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Suggest an answer