i. List of User Stories

1. Bugs associated to the user stories

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 vote
Marco Mancuso
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2014

Hi John,

JIRA offers basically two ways to create hierarchies:

• Subtask (1 level parent/child relationship)
  • Issue links (can be created by JIRA administrators represent a generic semantic relationship between two Issue. You could have created a "is parent of/is child of" link that will allow you to create N levels)

JIRA also offers Project versions, you can add versions to your project using the Project Administration Screen.

I would go with the following:

1. Release 1 is a project version (all the features, user stories and bugs for that release will have fixVersion set to that project version)
  2. Feature, User Story and Bug are IssueTypes linked using two issue links ("is a bug of/ has bug","is a story of, has story")
  3. If you don't need any other level in your hiearachy you can also consider the possibility to have both User Story and Bug as subtaks of the feature so you will be able to have worklog aggregation at feature level for free

Marco

0 votes
John Androulakis April 11, 2014

Thanks Marco.

Suggest an answer