How to create a filter for "Projects" only

Erik Beltran March 4, 2021

Hi Everyone, 
I am fairly new to Jira. Is it possible to create a filter (JQL) for projects only? I am interested to see all the actual projects, names, project manager, category, project type, etc.

Not sure if this is a limitation at this time? I can create filters for issues, epics, tasks, custom fields, etc but not able to do it at project level. I have seen a couple of suggestions to use 3rd-party add-ons but i wonder if this is doable using Jira native filters before testing solutions that might need extra spending ($$)

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Erik Beltran 

JQL is used to filter issues, so those are always the focus with that feature.  There isn't a query for projects.

To see a list of all projects to which you have access, from the top navigation please select Projects > View All Projects.

If you wanted to get all the project data to build a report, you may call the REST API to get the JSON information: 

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/1000.824.0/#api/2/project-getAllProjects

Best regards,

Bill

Erik Beltran March 4, 2021

Thank you Bill, this indeed is great help. 

I will get myself familiar with Jira API. Seems the best way to go for now.

Thanks,
Erik

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
1 vote
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Erik Beltran ,

I'm Leo, Head of Product from DEISER (Solution and Marketplace Partner)

You can search for projects with Profields, if you want to know more you can see how it works in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssESuItpBqo 

Track, categorize and make decisions through different views. Create new properties to follow up on your project status, due dates, people involved and much more!.​

Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210816/profields-jira-project-tracking?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview 

I hope it helps!

Leo

Erik Beltran March 5, 2021

Hi @Leo Diaz _ DEISER Thank you for your input. I will start a trial with this Add-on. Seems to solve a lot of problems without having to code. There is just one thing probably you could help me. How can i see the options you show on the video in the upper right?

Jira.JPG

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2021

Hi @Erik Beltran ,

Are you using Jira Cloud? These option are currently only available on the server.

Erik Beltran March 8, 2021

I am using Cloud version. 
Thank you for the clarification.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders