How to create a filter for Issues in this epic or create a new board.

tiuodd August 2, 2020

Hello! In epic Issue there is a division of the board "Issues in this epic" and "Subtasks" and it is impossible to create more boards. There is no filtering in the "Issues in this epic" board and therefore when I want to create an issue it is created automatically at the bottom of the list and my different issue types are arranged in a chaotic order. Can I somehow filter the "Issues in this epic" board or create a new one? I would be glad for any help! Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2020

Hi @tiuodd 

Based on what you said - can I assume you're using a Next-Gen project? If you can confirm if it's Classic or Next-Gen that'd be ideal.

What is the "Issues in this epic" board you are referring to? And what is the chaotic order of issue types?

Perhaps a screenshot would be useful here to clarify what you're looking to achieve :)

Ste

tiuodd August 3, 2020

I am using a classic project. By chaos, I mean that if I create a new task in the epic, then they are added sequentially. You cannot swap places as in the subtask. I have several types of issues that I want to distribute on different boards or make a filter for the board "Issues in this epic" so that the stories are at the top and others at the bottom.image.png

If this cannot be achieved, then I will be glad to hear alternative methods.
Ultimately, I want to achieve the point that when I opened the epic Issue, I saw a clear separation of the types of Issues. The story in the first task in the second board of the subtask in the third, etc.

* by boards I mean thisimage.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2020

Hi @tiuodd 

You can't natively reorder child issues on an Epic - nor create additional panels to house different issue types. There is an open suggestion to enhance issue order on this screen - see: JRACLOUD-40929 

The order isn't random though, it's based on each issue's global rank. So (for example) if you have a Scrum board these issues are on and it's ordered by rank, the order on the Epic should match the order of those issues on the board.

You could in theory re-order the issues by issue type on a board so they're in the groups you're looking for, but this would detriment the use of the backlog in boards so I wouldn't advise it.

Your other options are:

• Board: Create a Kanban Board to view Epic children - you could group by swimlane or quick filter to see different issue types
  • Dashboard: Create a dashboard then group issues using a Filter Results macro per issue type, etc
  • Apps: Check out the Marketplace and see if there is an app which will allow you to customise your screen to suit your needs

Ste

Like tiuodd likes this
tiuodd August 4, 2020

Thanks for your reply and recommendations! The method of using filters and dashboards suits me better.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events