How to create a custom template for creating a Project

Pavani Maligi July 26, 2018

Hi,

We have a requirement where we want to create a custom template for creating a project specific to our organization.When we try creating a project , user should be able to choose the custom template .Is it possible to create such template? Couldn't find much info on that.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2018

Hello,

It is not possible. You would need to modify Jira's code.

Thank you Alexey.Can you suggest where can i get that information or steps on how to do it.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2018

You should download the source code of Jira and make fixes in the required places. I never did it. I do not think it is a good practice to change Jira's code.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2018

I'd copy the module that makes the template to another name, adjust that, recompile it, add the new App, then go into manage add-ons and disable the module providing the system-provided template.

That way, you won't render yourself totally unsupported and having to hack the core on every upgrade.

Thanks Nic.If you have any documentation on that can you pls share.I am new to Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

Suggest an answer