How to create a board with columns separated by labels but keep then in the backlog.

distante November 30, 2019

I have switched from Asana to Jira, in Asana I had 4 "Backlog" columns to mark them as categories like "is a Bug", "is nice to have", "is a feature", "is an enhancement". 

It help me to rapid see side by side the load of each category before select them for development.

Can achieve something like this with Jira Cloud ? That is a Board where each column is filtered by Tag but all the task are still in the backlog.

Maybe a column for each Issue Type?

Currently I just have those tags also as Statuses but it makes difficult to configure the triggers and it looks redundant in the workflow. Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2019

You can’t create columns in your backlog. You could consider creating Quick filters to allow you to filter by issuetype, e.g. bug, feature, etc.

distante December 1, 2019

But quickfilters are not visibles at the same time, correct? like:

filter1  | filter 2 | filter 3 |
issue1 | issue 2 | issue 3 |
issue5 | issue 6 | issue 4 |

I really like to get a view of the open tasks per issuetype

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2019

Correct. QF are singular.

i would suggest you consider creating a Dashboard as your use case is a perfect for that. You can show pie charts, 2-dimensional tables, filtered lists, etc there.

Like distante likes this
distante December 1, 2019

That sounds like a good idea. For that I have to enable Jira Core and not just Jira Cloud, Correct? Thanks for your help!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2019

Correct.

Suggest an answer