How to create a bar chart in JIRA to get counts of issues status such as Open/closed per day.

gujjulanikhilreddy January 17, 2022

Is there a way to create a bar chart in JIRA about counts of issues status such as Open/Closed grouped by daily/weekly/monthly?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @gujjulanikhilreddy 👋

Welcome to the Community! I'd recommend looking at eazyBI Reports and Charts for Jira on the Atlassian marketplace. 

It allows you to create custom reports tailored for your use case including newly created issues over time on weekly bases. eazyBI have several out of the box KPI's, like created issues, resolved issues, open issues, logged hours and other, which you can analyze by different viewpoints, like time, projects, issue types, issue priorities, reporters, etc.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Hi Laura, can we do it by writing the JQL queries?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

FWIW, there are a number of 3-party charting apps in the marketplace. If you don't want the cost then consider using Excel.

Like Teodora V likes this
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2022

Hi @gujjulanikhilreddy ,

Please have a look at the eazyBI Demo account. One report resembling your requirement can be found there - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/50046-unresolved-issues-by-statuses-over-time.

Thank you @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ for suggesting eazyBI!

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Andrew John
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 20, 2022

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_  what is the cost of the app?

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2022

Hi @Andrew John ,

You can find out more about eazyBI pricing here - https://eazybi.com/pricing/jira.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

2 votes
Shawn Giese February 28, 2023

Really, no bar chart with count is available just with Jira?

Monica Gupta March 1, 2023

I agree , bar charts are pretty basic

Like # people like this
TereLyn_Hepple
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2023

I have a manager specifically looking for a way to see (for multiple stories at once) how long each story has been in each status. I am glad there's a way to get part of the way there with pie charts, but I'd really like to see a way to do this with bar chart.

In addition, we're looking for a bar chart visual to summarize a % of hours logged or story points at the epic level, between epics committed to work on during the quarter (using the Roadmap field), and epics without that Roadmap selection. Yes, I know you might do that with a pie chart, but it would fit better on a Dashboard like the Sprint Health Gadget.

Another vote for stacked bar charts!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Nayana N January 17, 2022

As of my knowledge, I don't think we can achieve this in bar graph. But we can do this using pie chart.Untitled.png

We have to create a filter, by writing a query for which project and grouping  based on daily, weekly etc. [project = CM AND created < endOfMonth() ].

Select saved filter and statistic type as status. This will result us number of issue in particular status. Untitled.png

Regards,

Nayana N

@Nayana N I couldn't able to write the JQL query for pie chart, Hence could you please help me on this.

Example: project = "xxx" AND status = "In QA" AND created <= endOfDay()

Thank you!

Nayana N January 18, 2022

Hey,

First you have to write a JQL query in advance issue search.

Untitled.png

Write a query and then save it by giving suitable name. ( I will be saving it as sample)

Untitled.png

Later in Pie chart, you have to select a saved filter. Click on change filter or project, you will get a pop-up window suggesting a saved filter.  

Untitled.png

Hope it is useful.

Regards,

Nayana N

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2023

I would like to create a pie chart with two sections: issues submitted during the past calendar month and issues resolved or closed during the past calendar month.  I don't know how to write a query and select a statistic type that would do that.

Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2023

Hey @Phil Bustin

I don't know if this is possible with vanilla Jira reports. However, if you're fine with a marketplace app, I'd love to suggest our easy BI and reporting add-on Exply :)

In Exply you could configure it like so:Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 11.09.01.png

If you like we can schedule a quick demo call and I show you around. Just hit me up via fabian@exply.io

Cheers,
Fabian from Exply

Suggest an answer