How to create a Template like standard issues that can be assigned to users?

Sam January 31, 2018

Hi,

I would like to explain completely the question I have mentioned above. For example a new user has started working on JIRA and if he is given certain standard tasks to perform say TASK (1-10). If I want all these tasks to be performed by every new user. Is there any way that I can make these tasks default or in a form of templates. If task-1 is given to user-1 and if he does the task the status of the workflow would be DONE. Now I still want the task to be in the form of a template so that I can assign the same task to user-2 with out creating the task again? Please let me know the way to do it.

Thanks,

Sai.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2018

If you don't mind experimenting with apps a bit, you could try Issue Templates - it does the thing that you described, and much more in addition. The app is compatible with both Server and Cloud, and there's a 1-month free trial to test it and see if it suits you.

Here's the webinar I hosted last month which shows Issue Templates' possibilities: https://goo.gl/y3swEa

If you have any questions about it, feel free to write me back :)

Sam February 2, 2018

Thanks Dzmitry. I have gone through the webinar and all my requirements are satisfied. 

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2018

I'm happy to hear this! :)

You can still contact me for general info on the app, and if something doesn't work the way you expected, please drop a line at contact@intenso.support, and we'll help you ASAP.

Sam February 2, 2018

I appreciate that.  Thank you. 

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Dear @Sam,

I have created a simple PHP command line script for one of my customers, that reads "Summary" and "Description" from a CSV file and pushes inside Jira via REST API. With this you can create theoretically thousands of issues in a couple of seconds.

If you are a little familiar with scripting and interested, I can tell you how to do.

So long

Thomas

Sam January 31, 2018

Thank you Thomas, please provide me with the scripting. 

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

Dear @Sam,

all the basics are described in the article of Daniel Radigan. What you have just to do is, adapt it to your needs. The code can be downloaded at the end of the article.

A command line PHP interpreter is also required. An official Windows version is found here (and other versions at php.net).

Finally you need to add a php.ini file to the folder of PHP, to tell PHP where to find the file php_curl.dll

extension=<path\to\php\ext>php_curl.dll

Dare to ask, if you need more help. And tell me about your success story.

So long

Thomas

Sam January 31, 2018

Thank you so much Thomas. 

Suggest an answer