How to create KB article available for users to browse but not create?

Avner Firon October 1, 2014

Hi,

1. I have opened a new project "KB", with the necessary fields, roles, screens etc. I have added permissions to certain group to create KB articles. How can i give other projects only the ability to search for the title\summary\key of the KB article, but they wont be able to create or change\edit those articles?
  2. Can I create custom field called "customer name" and make the default name, the name of the project?
    1. Maybe even make the field hidden for certain projects and for other available?

Thanks.

Avner F.

1 answer

1 vote
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2014

Hi,

JIRA has permissions that you can assign to users, groups, roles and specific roles in a process such as reporter and assignee. You cannot give other projects access to a project, however you can give access to the users or groups that have access to those projects. By using the permissions, you can specify that some of those users can only browse a project, meaning they can view the issues but not edit or comment on them.

BTW: do you know that you can create excellent KB articles with Confluence?

Regards,

Geert

Suggest an answer