How to count issues assigned to agile team

Ton Y May 25, 2021

Hi All, 

I am new with eazyBi

Anybody can help to let me know how to count issues which were assigned to an agile team?

I was able to get values

by using 

[Measures][Transition to Assignee], [Transition][=> Agile Team]

but the problem is, it still counts issues which were updated to the same team (Team1 => Team1)

I only want to count issues from other team to current team. (Team2 => Team1 or Team3 => Team1)

I measure weekly. so I want to count inbound issues to agile team

Hope to get your feedbacks.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2021

Hi @Ton Y ,

It very much depends on how you have implemented the Agile teams. Are they user groups in Jira? Custom fields specified for each issue? Sprint Board?

The predefined calculated measure "Transitions to Assignee" will return the number of transitions for the "Assignee" field. If the teams are loosely defined by grouping specific users, you can consider defining a calculated member in the Assignee dimension that aggregates the users. See an example below:

Aggregate({
  [Assignee].[Dwight Schrute],
  [Assignee].[Jim Halpert]
})

Together with the measure "Transitions to Assignee", it will give you the count of transitions, not issues. For the number of issues, define a new calculated measure with the formula below:

( [Measures].[Transitions to issues count], [Transition Field].[Assignee] )

It is quite similar to the one used in "Transitions to Assignee". The measure "Transitions to issues count" is what sets it apart from the original.

The report could look similar to the one in the picture below:

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 15.39.54.png

This approach is sufficient for a couple of teams. For more than that, I encourage you to watch a presentation from the recent eazyBI community days on defining custom hierarchies - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/learn-more/training-videos/training-videos-on-specific-topics#Trainingvideosonspecifictopics-Power-UpReportsWithAdditionalDataImport and see the relevant eazyBI documentation page - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-AddcustomhierarchiestospecificJira,Confluence,andInsightdimensions.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer