How to copy comments form a ticket in Project X to a related ticket in project Y

Neil Shah February 20, 2019

Hi, 

I have a ticket in project x and i am trying to copy the comments over to a related ticket in project y. How can i do this. 

I have provided a link below which shows how to do this but it does not seem to work after implementing. 

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWEC/pages/438763786/Copy+comments+to+linked+issues

Please advise.

Neil 

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
The best option, in this case, is to use the add-on Automation for Jira (there is a free version Automation Lite for Jira Cloud).
You can add the conditions below, so when an issue is commented, the comment will be copied to the linked issue:

Screenshot 2019-02-21_15-31-25.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Hello Neil,

Natively on JIRA, you can use CSV export/import functionality to export the comments from an issue and import into another.

Besides that, there are some plugins that you can use to achieve this goal. Here are some suggestions:

1 - ScriptRunner plugin - using a workflow transition to trigger the script:

Copy Comment to Linked Issue based on workflow transition

2 - Using Automation for JIRA - Also with a workflow condition:

How to copy comments from Linked Issues

3 - Using JMWE - as you suggested.

About the option you have tried, can you please let us know how you have filled the options in the post function? Also, have you saved your draft workflow once you added the Post function?

We will be witing for your answer.

Neil Shah February 22, 2019

Hi Petterson, 

Thanks for getting back to me. Please see attached screenshot of how i filled in the fields using JMWE comments.png

Not sure whether in the destination, i need to put relates to

Thanks, 

Neil 

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2019

Hi Neill,

I recommend that you raise a support request at https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10

This way, we'll be able to investigate why the post-function is not working. 

Regards

David

Suggest an answer