How to copy attachments to linked issue

I am looking for a way to copy attachments to a linked issue through post function. Basically , I am using "Create issue" post function to create issues in other projects . Though I am able to copy most of the fields, I also wanted to copy attachments to the newly created issue.

Is there a way to implement this using this JMWE add-on?

Many thanks!

Swathi

2 answers

0 votes
Peter DeWitt Community Champion Oct 27, 2017

@Swathi Komirelli [Appfire], take a look at this previous discussion.  It involves using Scriptrunner instead of JMWE but the key key is the scripting.  I believe the newest version of JMWE allows for groovy scripting as well.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Copy-attachments-to-one-issue-to-another-with-Scriptrunner-Cloud/qaq-p/31303

.pd

Hello @Peter DeWitt , thanks for your inputs.

For users who could not use script runner ,please do watch this issue for updates:

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-504

A workaround is mentioned on this request. We make use of "Comment on linked issues" post function and add the following script as groovy expression : 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.AttachmentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.Comment

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser()
AttachmentManager attachmentManager = ComponentAccessor.getAttachmentManager();
attachmentManager.copyAttachments(issueObject, currentUser, linkedIssueObject.key);

Collection<Comment> comments = issue.get("comment");
if (comments==null || comments.isEmpty())
    return "";
return comments.last().body;

Place this post function after "Create/clone issue" post function (if you have this function defined).

Thanks,

Swathi

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,305 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you