How to copy attachments to linked issue

Deleted user October 27, 2017

I am looking for a way to copy attachments to a linked issue through post function. Basically , I am using "Create issue" post function to create issues in other projects . Though I am able to copy most of the fields, I also wanted to copy attachments to the newly created issue.

Is there a way to implement this using this JMWE add-on?

Many thanks!

Swathi

2 answers

2 votes
Deleted user October 31, 2017

Hello @Peter DeWitt , thanks for your inputs.

For users who could not use script runner ,please do watch this issue for updates:

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMWE-504

A workaround is mentioned on this request. We make use of "Comment on linked issues" post function and add the following script as groovy expression : 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.AttachmentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.comments.Comment

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser()
AttachmentManager attachmentManager = ComponentAccessor.getAttachmentManager();
attachmentManager.copyAttachments(issueObject, currentUser, linkedIssueObject.key);

Collection<Comment> comments = issue.get("comment");
if (comments==null || comments.isEmpty())
    return "";
return comments.last().body;

Place this post function after "Create/clone issue" post function (if you have this function defined).

Thanks,

Swathi

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Works!

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2017

@[deleted], take a look at this previous discussion.  It involves using Scriptrunner instead of JMWE but the key key is the scripting.  I believe the newest version of JMWE allows for groovy scripting as well.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Copy-attachments-to-one-issue-to-another-with-Scriptrunner-Cloud/qaq-p/31303

.pd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events