How to copy an existing workflow and apply it to another project

Kristine Schindler August 1, 2012

I would like to copy an active workflow from Project A and apply it to Project B. Can you provide the steps on how to do this?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2012

Look at the workflow scheme for project B. Copy it, add the active workflow in as appropriate, then associate the new scheme with project B

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow

Stefan Koschel March 22, 2018

ROFL Mr. Champion. And how does it work???

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2018

A computer runs some code that makes it work.  Ta-da!

Like # people like this
Manoj May 24, 2019

Hi Nic Brough- I read your reply as "

Look at the workflow scheme for project B. Copy it, add the active workflow in as appropriate, then associate the new scheme with project B

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow"

one thing to know, if any changes done in project B, will it also affect the project A?

Thanks!

M

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2019

Possibly.  It depends if the two projects are configured to use the same thing that you are changing.  If they do share a single workflow, then yes, of course editing it will change both projects.  If they use separate workflows, then changing one of them will not affect the other.

Manoj May 27, 2019

Thanks Nic, you answered it well. yes i later realize the same. Thanks

I want to calculate the total number of days between 2 dates excluding weekend, could you suggest me about the same.

Thanks!

M

0 votes
Stefan Koschel March 22, 2018

OK, I see you need a hint:

A computer is able to devide between 0 and 1.

Can you devide between A and B.

First think then answer.

regards

Stefan

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2018

I think you need to explain what you are rambling about, instead of telling me to think about something that's got nothing to do with this conversation.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer