How to connect JIRA to SAP Business One

RandyD March 6, 2018

Is it possible to create/update data on SAP with Jira REST API call and vise versa .  My SAP Business One is configured in MSSQL Server.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Hi Randy,

Remember that everything is possible :) .. It is only a matter of time and money :) .. If using REST API database should not be the problem. That should be good if you want to create a dedicated integration. You can also search for dedicated solutions (plugin to JIRA) that might already allow integration with SAP

Maybe this could be good for start - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/JIRA2SAP/server/overview

I hope it helps

Best Regards,

Mirek

RandyD March 6, 2018

Hi Mirek, thank you for your suggestion, we decided not to use the jira2sap. were planning to use REST API. but i didn't know how to update sap data because this is my first time to develop SAP. I'm more familiar with jira and jira REST API.

Thank you so much,
Randy

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018
RandyD March 6, 2018

Im more curious on how to start a rest api from SAP.  do you have any resources on creating a SAP REST API or do i need to use DI API ?

Laura Vallejo October 2, 2018

I would need the same tips.

Randy, have you been able to make the integration?

Thanks you very much!

RandyD October 3, 2018

Hi Laura,

We came up to the solution that we will connect and edit directly on sap db using script runner (groovy). but we didnt implement . i think there is no explanation or documentation to do this right now, and also on our side we havent figure this out yet and we didnt need it anymore, sorry for that.

Thanks

Suggest an answer