How to connect JIRA Filter to results in sql ?

Manoj Kumar November 3, 2020

Hi Team,

I am looking to find the join between a saved jira filter and issuekey/issueid in db. Where can I find the mapping ?

Right now I am seeing join between SEARCHREQUEST and PROJECT table but not to the issueid.

Can someone please help me with this.

Regards,

Manoj

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

That "mapping" is done in the application, not the database, so you will not find it with SQL.

You should stop reading the database for this and try to use Jira properly

Manoj Kumar November 4, 2020

Heyy Nic,

Thanks for your reply. Just wanted to know if that's possible. We are using it properly and we have scripts to pull the data under filters using api. But it's taking a lot of time ,so wanted to check if anything can be done using database rather than api's.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2020

You will find the database slower and a lot more fragmented than the APIs.  "Read an issue" for example is one single API call, but would need 18 joins in SQL just for the basics, going up into the hundreds for a more customised Jira system.

0 votes
Chihara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2020

This simple SQL shows issueid, issuekey (prj.pky + ji.issuenum)
select ji,ID, prj.pkey, ji.issuenum from jiraissue ji, project prj where prj.ID=ji.Project

Suggest an answer