How to configure the Issue Type dropdown when search an issue?

Tetiana August 21, 2022
I'm on Search All Issues page (within current Project). I click Type dropdown (to select specific type of issue). How can I manage the default view of STANDARD ISSUE TYPES in this dropdown? E.g., I'd like to add 'Story' type in the list of STANDARD ISSUE TYPES and remove 'Initiative' type? 
wvCZefZEGr.png 
Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Hello @Tetiana ,

Nice avatar!, so This are the steps to perform what you ask, as stated above, you will need to be a Jira admin in order to do this but I think it's good you understand what needs to be done. 

I simulated your case in a project, as you can see I don't have the Story Issue Type set:

Screenshot_1.jpg

Go to your Project settings (need to be project admin for this):

Screenshot_2.jpg

In the left panel go to Issues -> Types

Screenshot_3.jpg

Here go to Actions -> Edit issue Types ( need to be Jira Admin for the next part)

Screenshot_4.jpg

Drag the Issues from Available to Current Scheme as per your requirements and then save it.

Screenshot_5.jpg

You will now see the Issue type on the Issue Type Scheme used by the project and on the issue search.Screenshot_6.jpgScreenshot_7.jpg

Hopes this clarify your questions, have an awesome day.

Tetiana August 24, 2022

Hi @Nicolas Tagle ! Thank you so much, it was very helpful!

Have a good day, too <3

Like Nicolas Tagle likes this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The dropdown is listing the types available in the project.  To add Story, you will need to add the Story issue type to the project's issue type scheme so the project can use it.  To remove initiative, remove it from the project's sscheme.

1 vote
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2022

Hi @Tetiana welcome to the community.  To modify the issueTypes you'll need jira admin privileges and then modify the issueTypes scheme within the project.

Suggest an answer