How to configure jira to show the "definition of done" field in rapidView?

GABRIEL ALAN MARQUES March 22, 2016

When working on my daily task list, or even during sprint planning, the "definition of done" field is constantly accessed. 

But currently, in the "active sprints" view we must click on a story, then edit it, to see that field.

Is there a way to choose the fields that are displayed on the right side of the "active sprints" view when we click on a story? Some of them are useless to my work too.

(the topic configure RapidView trough API doesn't seem to be the solution.

1 answer

3 votes
GABRIEL ALAN MARQUES March 22, 2016

Found it: While in the "active sprints" view, click on the "board" drop down > board configuration > Issue Detail View > General Fields > add DoD

Robert Poddar October 4, 2017

Hi, 

I am unable to see the "Defnition of Done" in the drop down list in the General Fields. Am i missing something? 

thanks 

Robert.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

Gabriel was using a "definition of done" field on issues.  Do you have a "definition of done" field on issues, or are you talking about the definition of done that has been added to Jira software's boards recently?

Martz March 16, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- can you please refer me to that new addition of Definition of Done? Seems that there are add ons by third parties only, I wonder if Jira has the field disabled so the only thing is I need to go and enable it. Thanks in advance.

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 24, 2018

@Martz@Robert Poddar

Jira does not have standard (built-in) Definition of Done field. 

You can create a custom field with that name though, and next in order to see Definition of Done field in the issue preview (right side panel in Agile board):

There are also add-ons available that provide Definition of Done functionality, e.g. in the form of Checklist that must be marked completely to allow issue transition to another status. 

My company offers such add-on for Jira Cloud: Issue Checklist
I'm happy to provide more information and answer all the questions if needed. 

Cheers,
Jack

Like hve3kor likes this
Samantha Sieverling April 29, 2019

Hi @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ ,

How do I get the Issue Checklist to show up in my screens.  I want to use a screen to transition to done and I would like that screen to bring up the "Issue checklist" app list.  right now it only shows up in certain ways of "viewing" an issue.  For example, I can see it if I open it in the board or from the active sprint, but when I try to add it to a new screen, there is no option to add it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Samantha

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2019

Hi @Samantha Sieverling,

That is not possible right now due to Atlassian API limitations, but I will come back to you with a decent workaround in a few weeks. Please stay tuned.

Cheers,
Jack

Samantha Sieverling May 1, 2019

Hi Jack,

I gave up and put together a custom field to deal with it.  Couldn't wait, but thank you so much for the offer.  You may need want to do this for other customers, as it would have been very helpful!

Thanks,

Samantha

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
September 16, 2019

Hi,

It is now possible not only to show the checklist on the standard View Issue page but also show it on the Create and Transitions screens (in text format only): https://gebsun-support.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/1240793165/Checklist+on+Issue+Create+screen

Cheers,
Jack

Suggest an answer