How to configure email notification based on IssueType

I have a project wide e-mail notification going to a group of individuals based on notification scheme. However, I have a need to configure email notifications going to a group of  individuals based on IssueType. In other words automatically add specific watchers (via group or role) for a specific IssueType within the project. How can I do this ?

2 answers

Hi @Rajiv Bachhu,

First of all you need to have different workflows for each issue type, if the different issue types are using the same workflow. Then you need to add customized events(press g+g then events). You can create s much events as you like. Once you have done this, you will see those events in the notification scheme of your projects. Then you can assign the needed group of people for those events. Then you go to the needed workflow and edit the post function that generates the "generic event" and choose the event you have created.

0 votes

To do it with "watchers" is not really "issue type" related, as watchers are are not tied to a type.  But, if you're willing to do a bit of coding, you could write a post-function to populate watchers at the right points in the flow (with the script runner add on, or your own add-on).  Once you've got something that does that, you'd need to use it differently in different workflows for the different issue types as Georges has described for changing events.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,137 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot