How to configure email notification based on IssueType

Rajiv Bachhu February 26, 2016

I have a project wide e-mail notification going to a group of individuals based on notification scheme. However, I have a need to configure email notifications going to a group of  individuals based on IssueType. In other words automatically add specific watchers (via group or role) for a specific IssueType within the project. How can I do this ?

2 answers

4 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

Hi @Rajiv Bachhu,

First of all you need to have different workflows for each issue type, if the different issue types are using the same workflow. Then you need to add customized events(press g+g then events). You can create s much events as you like. Once you have done this, you will see those events in the notification scheme of your projects. Then you can assign the needed group of people for those events. Then you go to the needed workflow and edit the post function that generates the "generic event" and choose the event you have created.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2016

To do it with "watchers" is not really "issue type" related, as watchers are are not tied to a type.  But, if you're willing to do a bit of coding, you could write a post-function to populate watchers at the right points in the flow (with the script runner add on, or your own add-on).  Once you've got something that does that, you'd need to use it differently in different workflows for the different issue types as Georges has described for changing events.

Suggest an answer