How to configure SSO on JIRA Server using ADFS? Do I need a plugin or is it native?

Fernando Passos August 11, 2020

Hi Guys,

I would like to use SSO on JIRA Server using ADFS, do I need add-ons or can we do it natively? Can you help me?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ankit
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2020

Hi Guis,

For the server version, you'll need an add-on to support SAML SSO with ADFS. 

I work with miniOrange, one of the top marketplace partners for SSO Solutions. You can try out the add-on for free on the link below:

miniOrange SAML SSO for Jira 

Here's a step by step guide to set it up with ADFS:

Single Sign On (SSO) into Jira using ADFS as IDP 

If you face any issues in setting up the app, you can simply reach out to me at info@xecurify.com or raise a ticket from the app itself.

Regards,

Ankit Ahuja

Fernando Passos September 24, 2021

Hi @Ankit

I'm running a test on the plugin that you recommended and a question arose, how to remove the jira's default login screen and leave only the SSO redirect screen?

Thank you.image.png

Ashwini_More _miniOrange September 24, 2021

Hi @Fernando Passos

I am Ashwini from miniOrange, and I’m part of a team of developers for this add-on.

Thanks for evaluating our app and please find below steps to disable the progress bar on the login screen. It will help you to redirect to SSO and not show Jira's default login page.

• Visit the plugin configuration section.
  • Navigate to the Sign In Settings Tab from the left Panel.
  • Disable the switch: Delay Auto-Redirect to IDP.
  • Save the settings.

Please refer attached screenshot.

delay-sso.pngIf you need help setting up our app or want to request a demo, feel free to drop a mail at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or raise a request here.

Cheers,
Ashwini

Fernando Passos September 24, 2021

@Ashwini_More _miniOrange

My Screen (Sign-In settings) has the following settings. Sorry I didn't find the "Delay Auto-Redirect to IDP" option.

image.png

Can you help me?

Thank you.

Shweta Vispute September 24, 2021
Hello Fernando,
It seems you are using multiple IDP's, in that case, you need to configure the redirection rules in the Redirection Rules tab of the plugin. Please select your IDP name from the dropdown in the default rule.
Image 4.png
For more details on Redirection Rules, you can refer to the documents mentioned below,

If you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it further, you can reach out to info@xecurify.com.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks,

Shweta.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Lars Olav Velle _Polar SSO_ August 11, 2020

You'll need a plugin for that if it's not datacenter.

At the bottom of this page there's a very short video that shows how it's done using our add-on. 

https://docs.polarnight.com/polarsso/saml-sso/provider-setup/microsoft-ad-fs

There are many others out there, so check them all out and see which you like best. 

Cheers, 

Lars, Polar SSO 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events