to Project

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

OK, now I've got it smile 

jira - project category2.png

Mirek Community Champion Jun 25, 2013

Hi,

If we are talking aboue JIRA then you need to go to Administration > Projects > Project Categories. After adding a new category you will be able to use it when editing a project.

More information you can find in below documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Project

I hope that will help

Best Regards,

Mirek

See that you say Mirek.

Also, you can see all project with her categories that you've in your JIRA if you go to 'Projects -> View All Projects'. In the menu on the left, you find different project categories that you define in your JIRA.

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi,

I'm not clear on how to associate a created category with a project? There is no option when editing a project or category to create the relationship in my cloud JIRA version. What have I missed?

I can see a Projects column in categories but it's empty and reading https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Project doesn't give detail on how/where to create this relationship.

Thanks

Denis

I 100% agree with Denis : 20 minutes I'am trying to find the way to "edit the project Category" : "enter(ing) the project Administration section by clicking a project name and then click the link next to the Category field (located under the project name)" does not help: there is no link next to the Category field. Despite I am JIRA admin, project admin and project leader.

Clicking _on_ the category field does not help either.  (it leads to browing the projects by categories)

jira - project category.png

What do I miss?

But for a project administrators the category is not a link. Can't the category be updated by others than system administrators? Have checked permissions schemes, but can not find where to add this access to give project admins access to change categroy?

Can anyone confirm that 'system administrator' permission is what is required to change the category?  We are trying to deligate the editing of this field to the 'project lead' and/or 'project administrator' roles.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

54 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you