How to configure Java Melody in JIRA 5 or 6 so it does monitor database access?

Sorin Sbarnea February 7, 2014

I am trying to configure Java Melody so it will monitor JDBC connections in JIRA but so far I wasn't able to find the right configuration to make it work with my postgresql connection.

I tried to follow the guide from https://code.google.com/p/javamelody/wiki/AtlassianPluginbut it still doesn't work. Even worse I do had to add an additonal DB connection inside server.xml for the igrid plugin, but that's in a different section, not inside context.

Can someone copy/paste a configuration that works with Melody? server.xml and dbcofig.xml (obviously you may want to remove the passwords or hostnames). Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

In Server.xml

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

<Context path="" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

<Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"

factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/>

<Manager pathname=""/>

<Resource name="jdbc/JiraDS" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"

username="jira_6.2"

password="root"

driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"

url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira_6.2"

maxActive="20"

maxIdle="20"

validationQuery="select version()"/>

</Context>

</Host>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In dbconfig.xml

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jira-database-config>

<name>defaultDS</name>

<delegator-name>default</delegator-name>

<database-type>postgres72</database-type>

<schema-name>public</schema-name>

<jndi-datasource><jndi-name>java:comp/env/jdbc/JiraDS</jndi-name></jndi-datasource>

</jira-database-config>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and it worked fine for me.
0 votes
OPIO ALEX June 27, 2020

I tried to configurea round with and l can fine any answers 

thanks 

Suggest an answer