How to configure Burndown and Burnup charts so that I can choose what stages represent completion?

John Fox November 21, 2019

Hi there,

I am trying to work out how to configure Burndown and Burnup charts so that I can decide which stages of a workflow can show up as completed. At present, only when things receive acceptance can they be considered complete. I would rather that certain other stages, like when an issue reaches testing, could be considered complete. It would be a more accurate and positive reflection of progress for a sprint. 

Could we have 'deployed status' as green? Is this the correct way to do it?

What are best practices are for burnout chart? How can we change status categories in JIRA?
At which point should it be updated from the workflow point of view? After testing or after developing?

1 answer

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2019

These charts key off the board configuration.  To have a different view but not have to impact your board, create a new board with your preferred burnup/down rules via a new set of column mappings to use just for the reports.

Suggest an answer