How to check if an issue with a certain summary already exists

rhianfarrell August 17, 2017

Hi,

I am using Jira server 7.3.1 and scriptrunner to auto create issues and I am using the 'clones and issues and links' script.  What i am trying to do, is the following:

1. check if an issue with a certain summary already exists,

2. and if so i want the script to do nothing

3. and if not i want the script to create an issue with a specific summary and epic name.

I have been able to make item 3 above to work (alone) but cant get item 1 and 2 to work.

See code below:

def taskName = "- Repositories checked and updated" def summaryResult= sourceIssue.summary +" - In-test Phase " + taskName     if (issue.getSummary()== summaryResult){     return false } else {     issue.summary= sourceIssue.summary +" - In-test Phase " + taskName                def cf1 = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Epic Name'}                issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf1, sourceIssue.key + taskName) } 

Appreciate your assistance in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

In the condition section of the post-function you can check 

!issue.summary.contains("<certain summary already exists>")

Now, if the issues doesn't contain the <certain summary already exists> text then it will clone the issue. You can choose the type and project for issues in the post-function configuration and these will be executed only when the above condition of issues *not* containing the summary is met.

Then for the cloned issue

You can also choose summary 

issue.summary = 'Cloned issue'

and a custom field as well (Epic name) 

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'Epic Name'}
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, 'my value')

Dionisio Valdes H June 8, 2022

This solution or similar may be applicable to Jira automation in Cloud?

Regards

Suggest an answer