How to change the workflow from "Agile Simplified Workflow" back to "JIRA Workflow"?

Anastasia Kudryavtseva August 1, 2018

Hi Support Team!

Could you please share how I can switch from Simplified Workflow to Jira Workflow? 
Simplified Workflow had only three statuses - to do, in progress, done. 
I need some other statuses more. I have created them but they are not displaying on the board 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

Create a new workflow scheme (or find one that is right already) that maps the workflow(s) you want to the issue type(s) in the project. 

Then go to the project admin and swap to the new workflow scheme.  That de-simplifies the workflow.

However, you say "I need some other status" - when you created them, do you map them into the columns?

Thank you for replying! 

To create a new workflow, I must have Jira admin rights, correct? 

when you created them, do you map them into the columns? - I created but I don't know how to map them.  See please the attachement. 
Since they are not mapped - they are not displayed on the board 

2018-08-01_12-39-56.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

Yes, you need Jira admin to be able to define a workflow.

In your screenshot, you have not created new status, you have added columns to the board.  If you look above the column definition, next to "add column", there is a greyed out "add status" button.  You need to use that, but it is greyed out because you are not a board and project administrator.

My boss wrote he has just provided me with the admin rights but the greyed button has not become active. Could it happen because we are using Simplified Workflow? Maybe I have to firstly change the Simplified workflow for Jira classic workflow? 
2018-08-01_13-33-34.png
I can update the existing workflow with the statuses that Jira proposes on default but I cannot create statuses ((

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2018

No, it's the other way around. 

The simplified workflow allows project/board administrators to add status.  If you move to a new workflow by creating new schemes, you will disable that function.

Your boss has given you admin rights.  Your best option is probably to use those to give yourself project and board admin rights in the project, then use the simplified workflow options to add status.

Yahoooooo :)
I did it!

Thank you so much for your help! I managed to activate this Add status button. 

Many thanks from Minsk :* :)

Suggest an answer