How to change the way a subtask views in the body of its parent's issue?

Ali Adib November 5, 2019

Hi there, 

The images below show what I see when I open a parent issue with subtasks or an epic with issues in it.

To be precise, I want to see subtasks' due dates (currently not shown) as well as status, name of issue/subtasks and assignee (currently shown) in the body of their parent's issue. How do I add a subtask's other info such as Due Date to the items that automatically show in the body of its parent issue?

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 2.38.03 PM.png

How do I add subtask's due date to this view?

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 2.38.17 PM.png

How do I add epic's issues' due date to this view? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hello @Ali Adib

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the fields/columns displayed with the sub-task issues of a parent view or the issues of an Epic view with the new issue view of JIRA, however, we understand how useful this functionality would be, so we created two feature requests to achieve this functionality:

Updating jira.table.cols.subtasks in Advanced Settings has no effect in new experience

Ability to add columns to Epic Issue list on Epic 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Additionally, it's worth to comment that, for the sub-task fields, we have a property under general configuration that allows you to change the fields displayed, however, it was not implemented in the new issue view yet. If you would like to use it, you can follow the steps below:

1 - Turn off the new issue view, by clicking in your profile picture at the bottom-left of JIRA instance > Settings > Turn off the new issue view

2 - Navigate to JIRA Settings > System > General Configuration > Advanced settings > add the value "duedate" to the jira.table.cols.subtasks property. P.S: This may not work for some instance, due to this bug.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer