How to change the value of "Epic Status" in jira?

Ashwin Kupatkar August 15, 2016

Hello,

I want to change the values(To Do, In progress, Done) in the drop down of "Epic status" based on my custom workflow for Epic. How to change the same?

Regards,

Ashwin

7 answers

0 votes
Svyatoslav
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2020

interesting to

Thomas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 20, 2020

my tu

0 votes
gil.langelaan October 21, 2019

Maybe there is some workaround about Epic status? There is some info about epic status in general -https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Epic-Status-what-s-workflow-when-is-this-set-how-s-it-used/qaq-p/405014#M169426 , but no flexibility was introduced to this status.

0 votes
Shaun Grose October 21, 2019

Is there any update on this question?

To be clear, it's not the 'workflow status' of the Epic issues, but rather the custom field 'Epic Status'. The defaults are To Do, In Progress, and Done, and it seems that they are locked to handle functionality in the background with regards to closing Epics, etc.

It would be helpful to be able to maintain these Epic Status values; I have project managers that want to be able to differentiate between Epics that have not started ('Epic Status' = "To Do") and projects that are on hold (ideally 'Epic Status' = "On Hold") while still maintaining the actual Issue Status of the Epic (which shows the current phase of the project).

0 votes
Lisa F [Vfin Consultant] October 22, 2018

The Epic Status field is actually a locked field found in the Admin > Issues> Custom Fields list.

Hit "configure field"  and modify the options there.

Best regards 

Lisa (Riada)

Tiziano Coroneo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 9, 2019

Lisa, 

as you say "The Epic Status field is actually a locked field".

This means there is no "configure field" button, rightly so.

0 votes
Ashwin Kupatkar August 16, 2016

Hello,

I actually want to create a JQL that will list down all Epics, linked stories and its Subtasks and tasks.

But my main concern is i do not want to include those epics which are not in particular statuses and so their linked child items (Story,Tasks).

Using this query i want to populate data on my agile board and also on my portfolio board.

Using a separate query for agile board and a Portfolio plan does solve my purpose but my sprint assignment vanishes as a separate filter for portfolio plan does not include the sprint assigned to those issues.

Need Help.

Regards,

Ashwin

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

You can use the Update Issue Custom Field post-function to keep the Epic Status field inline with your workflow. I answer in more depth here – https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/35771750

If you have more questions please ask.

Ashwin Kupatkar August 16, 2016

Hello Steven,

My actual issue is to modify the statuses (To Do, In Progress, Done) to my custom defined workflow statuses.

How to do that?

Regards,

Ashwin

0 votes
Deleted user August 16, 2016
  1. Create the new workflow or edit the existing workflow
  2. Modify the workflow scheme so that the EPIC issue type is linked to the new/modified workflow.
  3. Make sure the project is linked to that scheme.

For more details look here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/working-with-workflows-802592661.html

Be sure to review the other topics in this section (outlined on the left of the screen)

Suggest an answer