How to change the default workflow of jira software

13287561406 April 30, 2020

Hi All,

We all know jira software always has a default workflow, please look at the following picture:

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 7.13.08 PM.png                                                               But now I want to change default workflow, does anybody have an idea about how change it?

3 answers

1 vote
Monika Rani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

Hi @13287561406 

yes, you can change your default workflow with the custom one like this:

• create a new workflow scheme
  • add your workflow to the workflow scheme
  • assign the new workflow scheme to your project

This was, of course, a very short description. You can find detailed information here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/working-with-workflows-938847362.html

if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

Hi @13287561406 ,

I would suggest to create your own workflow based on your project's requirement and associate it to the project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver087/working-with-workflows-998872115.html

-Bibek

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

Hey @13287561406 ,

as said before, you cannot make changes to it. If you need to make changes to this specific workflow:

• Make a copy
  • make your changes
  • use the new copy in the workflow schemes instead of the original Jira default workflow.

Best, Max

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2020

Indeed, that workflow is simply not editable (without unsupported hacking)

Like Bibek Behera likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

Hi @13287561406  - I would strongly suggest you not do that. You should copy it and make and wanted to changes to the new workflow. 

13287561406 April 30, 2020

yes I know, but I face some issues, so I must change it, Please give me an advice

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2020

I am sorry, but that is not something I recommend so I am not able to provide further advice on how to change it. :-(

Suggest an answer