How to change the colors of my Rapid Board cards?

Tobias Sarnowski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 8, 2011

Hello,

I have the problem, that I cannot change the colors of my cards in my Rapid Board. I changed the colors in the themes under "Administration > GreenHopper > Project Templates" and under "Agile > Planning Board > Configure" but nothing works - I guess this are the settings for the "old" boards. How can I change the colors for my Rapid Board cards? They remain in the colors the original Default theme had.

Thanks,

Tobias Sarnowski

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2012

A quick update for card colours, the issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-1261 has now been resolved and will be available in GreenHopper 6.0.2.

Cards can be coloured by issue type (default), priority, assignee or using JIRA Query Language.

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2012

The feature is up, please see the following docs for detail info:

Configuring Card Colors in Rapid Board

Thanks!

0 votes
Martin
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2011

Hi Tobias,

There is currently no way to edit the colours in the Rapid Board, as you note the configuration for the other boards does not apply.

I would like to see a solution that allows colours to be chosen for issue-type and further flexibility as well.

Please vote or comment on the following issue.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-3679

Thanks

Martin

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2012

Can you explain why the issues have different colors on the left hand side? My issues are all of the same type, same priority, and same status, but some are green on the left, some are blue, and same are red.

Martin
Atlassian Team
August 28, 2012

@justinc is this in the new or classic boards?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

It was the Rapid Boards, but on further inspection the issues were of different types. Sorry, guess I should have deleted that comment. Looking forward to the new color options though!

Suggest an answer