• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change the association between steps? It prevents me from changing workflow

Hey all,

Been trying to edit my workflow, so added 2 more steps, with "all" transitions.

However I get the following response:

"You cannot change the association between step '45' and status 'Review'."

Step 45 is actually 2 steps before "review", anyone knows what is causing this error?

Thank you,

3 answers

I solved the bug, as I would call it, by deleting the status, which in your case is 'Review', and then just adding it again.

Hope this will help someone else atleast.

0 votes

Could you give us the steps you took to get to this error message?

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Sure:

Project setting--> workflow-->Edit and then I  added 2 new steps: Planning and "on hold".

That's only part of what you did, could you continue with the rest of the steps you took to get the error?

Sure,

Basically I went to publish dreft, then I marked that I want to save a copy and pressed published. Then I got the error.

I tried also without saving a copy and still got the same answer.

Hello, I got the same error (with a different step number): "You cannot change the association between step '22' and status 'Review'."

This happened on a small jira instance v8.11.0 that I use as a test environment. I logged in as project administrator, and I tried to save a workflow draft.

Later on I noticed that I had logged in as jira administrator before (from another tab in the same browser) and did not log out from there. As jira administrator I touched the same workflow (that returned the above error when trying to save it as project administrator).

Maybe that this gives a little hint.

I ran into a problem like this just now, and I solved by doing the following:

1. Get the workflow exactly as you want it in the editor.
  2. Export the workflow.
  3. Leave the editor.
  4. Import the workflow export you just took, name it something slightly different.
  5. Migrate all issues to the new workflow as appropriate.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you