How to change the Assignee after editing a custom field without a state change.(transition)

Elke Perner January 15, 2013

Hello everybody,

I need your help.

How I can change the Assignee automatically if the user change a specific custom field?

For Example:

The user changes the custom field developer in the edit mask and after that, the Assignee should change to that new developer, but I don't make a state change so I can't use the transitions for this?

How can I made this?

Best Regards

Elke

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

HI,

We can do using java script. You need to add a plugin, in that add javascript code, set the assignee when the field changes, if you want this only for a project, add conditions in the java script code.Else it will affect all the projects.

Hope it helps

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

It looks like you are trying to achieve something which you should be actually doing using a transition and status of the issue. When you want to change the issue to development, you should be defining a new status and then provide a transition rather than editing the value for a custom field. And in the post function assign it to the user want automatically.

Suggest an answer