How to change jira project's workflow via REST API Edited

Hi! I've a problem with changejira project's workflow via REST API.

I have a jira version 6.3.8

I tried to use this manual - https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/6.3.8/

Maybe there is some hidden not documented API?

How can i do this?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jun 16, 2017

Hi,

I've never heard of a REST API to change a project's workflow scheme.

Why do you want to do that? 

Hi!

We often creating JIRA projects (for customers) and always change default WF to our custom WF scheme. So.. I just want to automate it.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jun 16, 2017

Why don't you create a template-project and then create the new project with shared configuration? 

Changing a workflow requires JIRA to do a whole swathe of integrity checks that can often lead to a load of questions needing to go back to the user.

A REST interface for that would be hideously complex and barely ever used, so Atlassian have not written one.

The answer for your usage really is what Thomas said - use a shared configuration.

0 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jun 16, 2017

Using REST APIs the best you can do it to change the status of an issue i.e. do a workflow transition for a issue, but you can't change jira project's workflow to another workflow this isn't possible using REST API.

Programmatically this can be done - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/how-to-programatically-change-a-project-s-workflow-in-Jira/qaq-p/474694 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

66 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you