How to change issue security level in the new issue view?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

As an admin in Jira, I set an issue security level for external testers and internal testers.

Each security level is assigned to a different group.

I'm a member of both groups including a group called Scrum group.

When I view an issue, I see the red padlock icon but I don't have the ability to change the security level for that issue.

I have the project permission set to the Scrum group, so I'd expect to be able to change the issue security level.

All I see is the security level it is currently set, without the ability to change it.

Is it possible to change at all from the padlock icon?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Atlassian support figured out why I wasn't able to edit the issue security level of an issue, despite all available permissions and correct setup.

The issue security level (padlock icon) is a field and as such must be added to the Edit Screen of an issue type.

I was missing the Security Level for edit screens of my issue types. Once I added this field, I was able to edit security levels.

Hope it helps someone in the future.

Gil.

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Gil 

Currently, it is not available per project.

If you have to add fields in the issue layout, it needs to be in the global configuration screen.

Please follow the link to configure fields in the issue layout.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view/#Configurefieldlayoutintheissueview-addfields

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

FYI,

The info is for Custom fields, and if you say that its there on the screen,

Can you please check whether you have the lock symbol as on the screen belowIssue Security.png

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2021

I'm not following.

I can see the padlock in red colour (locked). So that means I cannot change it to something else, right?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2021

You can change the issue security in case the configuration is done successfully as described in the following article.
Do you have the "Set Issue Security" permission and is your user in all of the groups the Issue Security should apply to?
In case it does not work out could you probably attach a screenshot on what you are seeing?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers I have the Set Issue Security permission. It is assigned to a group that I'm in.

All other issue security groups have that group am I'm also a part it.

The padlock is in Red colour.

3.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2021

Can you set other Issue Security Levels when coming from an unrestricted issue - or - are then the others not being offered as well?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2021

Oh I see, I might need to re-phrase my question. Un-restricted issues I can set. I wanted to know if I can change the selection after it has been set.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2021

Sure! As soon as configuration is active for Issue Security Levels you can change between them.

Please consider a few things:
- the user that wants to set the security level for a project must have the permission: Set Issue Security
- users must be in the security level itself in order being able to select it
- the Issue Security Scheme must be assigned to the project properly
- please double check if all of the above apply correctly

Here an example where I am member of Lev 1 and Lev 2. I can switch between the two or remove the security level from the issue.

grafik.png

Like Gil likes this
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2021

Check 1: I'm in the following groups for Set Issue Security

• Group (jira-administrators)
  • Group (Scrum Team)

Check 2: Screenshot shows the group I'm in is included for each security level

1.png

Check 3: I am verifying the project Summary screen and I can see that under Permissions, the Issue is using the correct scheme.

I still cannot change the issue security after I have set it.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2021

Could you please check using "Permission Helper" from Admin Helper what it is reporting back?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

here you go:

image.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2021

This looks good so far and it was not possible to reproduce the issue on some other Jira Cloud instance.

Last idea would be to double check if you are in the groups that are assigned to the Security levels but from what I see from screenshots this is already the case.

You could wait for others to have an idea here or contact Atlassian support, to double check.

Like Gil likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events