How to change comments so that newest show first

John Oliver
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2019

For some reason, when I view comments within an issue, they are now showing the oldest at the top and I have to scroll down to view the newest comments.

I have looked and cannot see a way to change this, so the newest are at the top.

Can anyone help.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2019

Hello John,

Welcome to Atlassian Comunity!

Can you let us know if you are using JIRA Cloud or Server? If it's JIRA Cloud, are you using next-gen projects or Classic projects?

In the old issue view, the sort of comments can be changed by clicking in the arrow as displayed in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 17.25.31.png

In the new issue view, as it's a beta feature we are still working to implement some features, including the ability to sort comments. The progress of this particular feature can be checked in the link below:

Configuring the 'jira.issue.actions.order' property on Jira's Advanced Settings page has no effect in the new Issue detail view

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, you can keep using the old issue view (Profile picture > Personal settings > Deactivate new issue view) to sort comments as you need.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

John Oliver
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 13, 2019

Hi, thanks for the reply, it is the new issue view, so will let me users know they just have to wait for the sort to be re-instated.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2019

Thanks for your answer, John.

Please, let me know if the users have any other question I might be helping with. Have a nice week!

Barb Nolan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 17, 2019

Please fix this.  It is very annoying to have to scroll thru a ton of old comments before I get to the new ones

Danich July 18, 2019

Yes please this would be VERY helpful

0 votes
Cesar Herrera
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 21, 2022

hello @Petter Gonçalves , has there been any progress on this request? I see that the last update was back on 2019.Thank you!

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2022

Hey @Cesar Herrera

The new issue view was updated with the sorting option, so now you should be able to change the order of the comments in any Jira issues as displayed in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.50.23 AM.png

Let us know if that option is displayed for you. Please, provide us with a screenshot if you don't see that option.

Christina Long
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 27, 2022

I can't find this option in Confluence. I have linked issues in Confluence and Jira and it is hard to relate comments when they are newest first in Jira (the prefered option) and oldest first in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events