How to change a group for a User Picker (multiple users) custom field?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2018

I created a User Picker (multiple users) custom field. How do I change which group(s) can only supply valid users to pick from?

2 answers

2 votes
Deleted user April 23, 2018

Hi @John Funk,

Check out this page, specifically:

You can limit the set of users available in your user picker field. The users can be limited to users in specific groups and/or project roles.

1. Navigate to the Custom Fields page, locate the desired custom field and choose cog icon >Configure.
  2. Click Edit User Filtering.
  3. Click Enable group or project role filtering, then specify the groups and/or roles that you want to limit the user picker to.The user picker will only show users that are in the groups and roles selected.
  4. Click Save.

Hope this helps

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2018

That works for Single Users, but not Multiple Users. There is no Edit User Filtering for User Picker (Multiple User) custom fields. 

Like # people like this
Max Jonas July 8, 2021

Any update here @John Funk ? Thank for highlighting it! 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2021

@Max Jonas  - No, there is still no option for that. 

Like Max Jonas likes this
Zbigniew Stefaniuk April 22, 2022

is there any way to workaround this? 

Alexander Rengel August 10, 2022

Has there been any update to this at all?

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2022

Hey @Alexander Rengel , welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, there's no news. Maybe watch and vote on the official product suggestion: JRACLOUD-40963 User picker (multi user) user filtering feature 

Best, Max

Amy Bailey October 4, 2023

It just took me 3 weeks to have our IT staff create these groups. 

Now I can't even use them.  Going to upvote this issue.

0 votes
Robert Carbonell January 25, 2024

Hello, I know this is an old board. However, we have lots of customers in groups. Just recently, I discovered that we need to separate a few of those customers into another group.

Reason: When the client creates a ticket, they do not want to share the ticket with everyone in that whole group. because they are in a different department.

Example

Customer RCM is in Group RCM. I have two departments in that group.

I created a new group and named it RCM Payroll, and the second one RCM HR.

I want to remove all the emails that are related to HR from group RCM and move them to the new group RCM HR and I do not want to lose the Open requests and Closed requests.

Suggest an answer