How to change Full name?

María Cabrera July 11, 2018

Hi! I am admin but I can't change other user's Full name now. 

When I Go to  > Site administration I go to Administration

Why happen that?

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2018

You can't edit user names in Cloud because they aren't in Jira.  Cloud uses google accounts, your active directory via SAML or Atlassian accounts.

For google accounts, you'd edit the name in google.  For your AD, you'd edit the name in the directory.  For Atlassian accounts, you do not own the account, the user does, and they can edit the account in their account.  (It would be nonsense, and technically illegal, for you to be able to edit an Atlassian account name)

María Cabrera July 12, 2018

I want to edit full name, the name shown in Jira. Now, the name shown is the email

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

You need to change the name for the account in the directory that the account is in, not Jira.

Wachaga Mwaura January 11, 2022

I now understand why changing my Full Name works, but later on it reverts to the original name. It is because I sign in using Microsoft AD.

The problem is understood now. I think a fix can and should be done for this to allow all the users who use JIRA, regardless of how they sign in, to enjoy a similar experience.

Like Tim Ballingall likes this
0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Maria,

Try going to User management --> Groups --> select the name of user in the group --> edit user.

I tried to edit a user under User management --> User, and couldn't find edit button.

Victor

Hi Victor,

If I go to User management --> Groups --> select the name of user in the group --> User

Could you send me a image, please?

María

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Maria,

I found out i can't edit my own even though i'm a site admin. I think you'd need to contact atlassian support.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2018/06/say-goodbye-to-usernames-in-atlassian-cloud

Victor

Thank Victor!

María

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 7.30.46 AM.png

Maria,

Why do you want to change names?

See attached image for more info. Go to user management, click to edit the user in question.

Victor

I need to change names because are incorrect. I can't see the option to editCaptura de pantalla 2018-07-11 a las 14.59.37.png

Suggest an answer