How to change Current Working Directory?

Hi,

I already changed on my configuration files the correct address to my jira home, but on JIRA it still appears the wrong address of my jira home.

jira.GIF

Probably I miss some file, but I don't know wich file to search, the files that I made changes are:

/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties
/etc/inid.d/jira

opt/atlassian/jira/bin/config.sh

thank you!

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Artur,

The value you are looking at (Current Working Directory) is a pointer to where JIRA was started from.  Here's how I verified this:

1. Stopped JIRA
  2. Created /jira-second-install
  3. Copied the contents from /opt/jira_install to /jira-second-install
  4. Started JIRA from /jira-second-install

Once I performed the above steps I went back to the Settings screen and the location had changed as expected.  If you want to change the location of the home folder:

1. Stop JIRA
  2. Move your home folder contents to the location you would like it to exist in
  3. Change the location using the directions in Setting your JIRA Application Home Directory or use the JIRA Configuration Tool.
  4. Restart JIRA

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

179 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you