How to calculate the Average time between statuses in a given period? - Jira Cloud

John Anaya March 13, 2019

Hello,

In my project my jira progression goes from Backlog, To-Do, Development, QA, UAT, Done, Shipped. I am needing to calculated the average time for all my tickets of a given period between the status of To-Do and Shipped. I have seen server plugins but I have not seen any tools for Jira cloud. We are currently using Tempo but I have not seen any such reports. Has anyone else done this before?

3 answers

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 4, 2019

Hi @John Anaya,

We recently released the new application Time Between Statuses, which helps you to resolve this request.
Using it you can monitor the execution time between statuses in the workflow.

Also, available data export as XLSX or CSV file and you can analyze it using Google Spreadsheets, Microsoft Excel (get the average value of data etc.)

Best regards,
Zoryana
SaaSJet

1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 18, 2019

Hello @John Anaya 

A great add-on for Cloud version is Time in status for Jira Cloud by SaaSJet.

With this tool, you can easily track the amount of time an issue has been in every status and average time issues spent in statuses during a specific period of time. You can read about other reports at our documentation or at Atlassian Marketplace.

Moreover, you can export all necessary data from the grid as XLSX or CSV file or chart report as PNG, JPEG, PDF, SVG, CSV, XLSX files.

If you want to have a detailed view of how your issues are following the workflow, you can try Issue History. This add-on will display you the history of all changes that had been made by your team in selected issues.

Best regards,
Zoryana
SaaSJet

0 votes
Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2019

Hi Johnathan -

There may be several ways to accomplish this. One possibility is to create custom date fields then use post functions in the workflow to update those fields with date/timestamp. For example create a custom field called "Moved to To-Do" and another called "Moved to Development" etc. Then when you transition to those statuses the post function would enter the NOW time. You may need a plugin like JSU or JMWE. Another option is to use the plugin automation for Jira (there is a free version with limited functionality) Then you could export these fields and manipulate to get the information you need.

Regards,

Jan

Suggest an answer