How to calculate lead time from one status to another status automatically in JIRA

Hisamitsu Koga May 26, 2016

I want to calculate lead time from one status to another status automatically in JIRA. e.g. the following status changes.

• From Open to Verify
  • From Open to In Progress
  • From Open to set assign to team member

Is there any way to perform this? Any info would be welcomed! 

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

Our Great Gadgets add-on offers a Cycle Trend Gadget that might be helpful for you. It uses a Jira filter as input can can be configured to calculate lead time,  cycle time or time between two statuses. The gadget can also display a data table, which contains the cycle of every issue.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

If you have JIRA Service Desk you can track all of these by creating metrics for each action you wish to track. 

If you do not have JIRA Service Desk then you will need to write scripts (and have a scripting plugin installed) to capture the changes on the transitions and record them in a custom field.

Hisamitsu Koga May 28, 2016

Thank you for your prompt reply.

How can I create metrics for each action I wish to track? Could you let me know the details, please?

Hisamitsu Koga May 28, 2016

What is "scripting" plugin exactly? Please let me know the exact name.

Also, how do I need to write scripts exactly?

hakan celebi February 8, 2018

I need too. Which script language uses in jira? How can I develop the plugin?

Suggest an answer