It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to bulk edit fixed version field

i use Bulk Operation - Move Issues and struggling to understand how do i make Fixed Version field to be possible to change value

5 answers

There is a serious need that should be enforced asap:  "bulk edit of fix versions" should have been included years ago. But it is still not there.

1 vote

Hey! We came accross this same issue today, however I think I found a solution: 

I noticed the following text under the option "Unavailable actions" in the bottom of the page when selecting edit issues in Bulk operation (Step 3 of 4: Operation details):
"Change Fix Version/s - NOTE: This operation can be performed only on issues from ONE project"

So I tried changing my search to include issues from only one project (Project = XXX) and tried again with Bulk change. The "Change fixVersion" was now included as an edit option with these 4 alternatives: "Add to existing; Clear Field; Replace all with; Find and remove these"

This at least solves our problem - hopefully it helps others as well :-) 

That worked for me! Thanks for the help. You have saved me a ton of time.

Like # people like this

Why don't you use the "bulk edit" operation?

issue has raised with atlassian related to bulk edit fixversion, check this

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12056

some one given asnswer for this here

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/176774/how-can-i-bulk-update-jira-issues-and-add-a-fix-version

Atlassian support, another one bites the dust. One of many feature requests that  was left without the answer. I need to go one by one for multiple epics and stories to update fix version, just because Bulk update doesn't support it. <sad face>

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

932 views 8 25
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you