Dear comunity, good day. Need some advices how to build complete lifecycle at Jira for SDLC process. Will trey to explain the context:
1. We have multiple applications, let's say for simplicity 5 types:
2. Each of it represented as an independend Project at Jira with their tasks and epics etc
3. All the stories and epics comming from Product Owners and managed by them, once the backlog submited
- There is no syncronization between different Projects. Sometime 1 business request require to make a changes within 3 components: Mobile, Web, Core etc. So there is a problem to create a 1 unification hierarcy level to club all the project epics from different projects. Hence we need to manage all the epics isolated one from each other.
- At the beginig of the Initiatives from the Business we have to pass trough the stages like: BRD, Estimation, Project Approval, Planning and only then Technical requirements gathering, architechture, design, development and so on. By the way Design as well separate project at Jira. So before we move to the development we have to track that Business Initiation Cycle somehow, and once the project/initiative approved by the businees thn we have to start Dev.cycle. I dont understand how to setup it at Jira, except than to create separate Project for Business comunication with dedicated cycle and tasks.
Will be grateful for any meaningfull thoughs! :)
Hi @Mykhailo Rakov ,
Would it work if you create components for:
And then each team can set up a board for the component that they own.
Regarding the second issue, you could use a label, a component or a custom field (e.g. 'ready for dev') that indicates that the issues are still following the business workflow, before they're ready for development. Then you could create a 'business board' where you filter only the issues that are going through this business stage. The 'development boards' filter out the issues going through the business workflow.
Re. components: It will gonna fly if the development, all the tasks, are managed under one single project let's say DEVCYCLE right? What is I have a planty of projects split by the apps? Is there any ideas here?
And regarding the businees cycle. It also can work but how it shoud be managed if the business is sending 1 requirement, and for the coms with the business division we could manage once single task, but next once the project approved we have to populate many many tasks, stories and subtasks whitch related to the main project task how to track all of them?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event