How to best plan & manage the Alpha, Beta, RC and GA plannings ?

Hi,

Using Jira backlog and Jira Portfolio, what is the best way to plan the release cycle beyond the pure features & epics, first in our project backlog but also as part of the Portfolio so that we can take those into account when we study the what if scenarios ?

As such those release cycle are moment when we think that some features can be shared for early testers (Alpha), when the scope if fixed (Beta) and when the quality is getting higher (RC) etc .... So maybe we should not represent those as part of the backlog but this means that an epic would span over multiple releases : X-Alpha, X-Beta ...... 

Has anyone a recommanded best practice ?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Anyone can help me please ?

This widget could not be displayed.

Anyone can help me please ?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

139 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you