It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to automatically update an existing JQL query Edited

Hi all, 

Our current market onboarding process involves us having to manually update multiple JQL statements every time a new market is added to our service desk (in order to apply multiple SLAs to tickets submitted by the new market)

Is there a way to automate this, so when a new market joins our service desk they will automatically be added to the JQL query and thus the SLAs will not need to be updated manually?

The steps I would like to implement are:

1. Listen for new markets being added to service desk

2. Take existing JQL queries for our SLAs

3. Append name of newly added market to JQL query thus updating SLA

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jan 15, 2020

Can you explain “market” here as it is implemented in you JSD project? Is it a custom field or something else! Can you share an existing JQL?

Hi Jack,

By market I mean the country/region where the user submitting a ticket is located. It is a field (custom field I think) which a user would select when creating a new issue request, see screenshot:

markets.PNG

I want to be able to, when a new market is added, automatically update our pre-existing SLAs so the newly added market is automatically added to our SLAs.

Thanks for your reply earlier, let me know if there is any other additional info I can add.

Hi @Rajeev Gill 

I'm not sure whether there's an easy way to accomplish this. The only possible one I see is through REST API but that would require some additional scripting.

Maybe someone else has a better solution.

Good luck

Hi Grigory, thanks for your reply

If I was to write a custom script using Node.js - Is this something I would have to run locally on my machine, or would I be able to run the script within the Jira platform somehow?

Rajeev

Hi @Rajeev Gill,  you're welcome

There's no difference from where we run a script. I think the most time-consuming part here would be creating a series of API requests. This usually requires some research.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you