It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to automatically set the value of a custom single select field based on the value of another

I am trying to set the value of a custom, single select, field in jira based on the value of another field as a post function. For this I am using  the "Set a field as a function of other fields" postfunction that I believe is part of the Jira Workflow Toolbox.

The Field to be checked for matching with type 1 setting rules is also a custom single select field that can take the values "Value 1", "Value 2", "Value 3", and "Value 4"

The Target field to be set can take values (again single select): "Target Value 1", "Target Value 2", "Target Value 3", and "Target Value 4"

For simplicity, lets assume that if the field to be checked have "Value 1" I want the target field to have "Target Value 1", and so on

In the setting rules section of the postfunction I have:

(Value 1)"Target Value 1"
(Value 2)"Target Value 2"
(Value 3)"Target Value 3"
(Value 4)"Target Value 4"

I've also tried with:
(Value 1)Target Value 1
(Value 2)Target Value 2
(Value 3)Target Value 3
(Value 4)Target Value 4

but neither seems to work. My guess is that since the Target Field is a single select field, I need to refer to the value of the field differently (not by the text).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Never mind. Seems to work without the quotation marks. Sorry

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you